Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Christmas in Pictures

Santa found me in Virginia this Christmas, at the home of my sister's family. It was a good year to go to their place, because it was the very first Christmas for their daughter Ellie.


Mandatory Christmas Eve family photo:


Ellie 'n me posin' in front of the tree. She's almost 6 months now.




Her Christmas Eve present was a rattle (chin-chin) that I brought her from Guatemala:




She's teething, so everything goes in her mouth. Or she loves the taste of wrapping paper, maybe.




Dad and me working on the Christmas puzzle, something that my grandpa and I used to do years ago. It was a nice tradition to revive this year.




I tried to help her open her stocking on Christmas morning, but it was real slow going:



She usually cries when I hold her. I guess she can smell my fear.




Baby's first Christmas = Bow on head shot. She gave that idea a big raspberry, as you can see:




We managed to capture on film the moment when my parents officially, indisputably became OLD. They are happily modeling the presents they received from Ellie's other grandparents. Look for them to wear these sporty white sweatshirts to Wednesday night church, grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, on bingo night at the American Legion hall. If you are lucky, they'll be coming soon to a Florida R.V. park near you!




Gosh, that's a lot of pictures of my niece! Sorry to bury you in my newfound sentimentality. Hope you have a very happy New Year!!!


Currently reading :
Little Bear Treasury
By Else Holmelund Minarik
Release date: 31 January, 2003

2 comments:

Kevin December 31, 2007 at 1:26 AM  

Very cute. I hope you won't be disappointed to find out that your Christmas present is an airbrushed "#1 Uncle" t-shirt.

Liza December 31, 2007 at 12:47 PM  

Aw! She's beautiful! You certainly don't look fearful when holding her. Adorable!

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP