Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

MPsan

Photobucket

A rainy night in Guatemala, one year ago. Only the gays have enough sense to carry an umbrella, apparently. Who could possibly be taking this picture? I have no idea.

Photos are nice. I hope you read my blog in an RSS reader or Google Reader or something, because this blog page is really ugly now. I wanted to kill the sidebar, so that pictures can be bigger and look nicer.

****************************************

Here's a hot tip from a really cheap guy who loves music: if you are still buying your digital music from iTunes, you are paying too much. Have you checked out the Amazon.com mp3 store? It is awesome, and I have yet to find an album that isn't cheaper there than on iTunes. They have a new, basically unbeatable sale every day. This week they had the new Killers album up on its first day of release for just $3.99. Yesterday they had the new Coldplay EP, "Prospekt's March" for only $0.99. Eight songs for only 99 cents!

Another really awesome example is this 50 albums for $5 each sale that they have going on right now. 50 of their picks for the top albums of 2008 on sale for only $5 each. Lots of cool stuff like Jack Johnson, Coldplay, Death Cab, Vampire Weekend, Beck, Radiohead, Sugarland, Paste Magazine's pick for the best album of the year - She and Him's "Volume One," Fleet Foxes, and the "High School Musical 3" soundtrack. OK, that last one is maybe just for me and Liza. Oh, and the Avett Brothers. I know some of you out there are just devoted to the Avett Brothers. I don't really know them, but I sure liked the sound of the previews that I heard from "The Second Gleam" album. And for $5 maybe I'll take the risk...

One more tip: if you scroll down the page and click on "See all Top mp3 Albums," it will show you a list of the current 50 bestsellers - a good way to see what's at a discount, since that tends to drive up sales - and each album's price. Do that and you'll see that the new Copeland album is available for $3.99, as is "Oh, Inverted World" by The Shins. And "A Charlie Brown Christmas"? $1.99. Deals, steals, everywhere.

You have to download a little tool in order to get mp3s from the site, but it takes like 60 seconds and no effort whatsoever. You can set up the tracks to play in your iTunes or Windows Media libraries. Oh, and I'm totally not making any money for this endorsement. :) No referral credits or anything. Just thought you might want to save a little money too.

Currently Listening to:
"Sleep Through the Static" by Jack Johnson

3 comments:

annesue November 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

thanks for the tip! by the way is it the dansih couple over on the right side?

Liza November 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

I am going to explore this Amazon music thing you speak of, but I am nervous about the whole Amazon to iTunes to iPod thing. But I will try it.

Liza December 19, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

I love the $5 Friday albums! I had been wanting the Darius Rucker album, and now I have it for $5!!

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP