Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Abre Tus Ojos, Abre Tu Corazon

Photobucket

Yesterday was an especially boring day at work. I did a crossword puzzle. Never did get 5 across or 7 down.

Holy heck. I just ordered three pairs of prescription glasses at Zenni Optical for a grand total - including shipping - of $30.90. I went a little crazy because of how cheap some of those frames are; I ordered orange, red, and blue ones in slightly unconventional styles. Even if just one pair works out to be cool, it is still like $100 cheaper than getting a single pair at the optical shop. I'll let you know how they are when they arrive in a couple of weeks. If you have your recent prescription and know or can measure your PD, check it out. $5 shipping for as many pairs as you want to order.

Have you seen this Jane Seymour commercial for her new line at Kay Jewelers? She has "designed" some little squiggly thing, and they are making jewelry out of it called The Open Hearts collection. In the commercial she says, "My wish is that my open heart design becomes a universal symbol of hope and love." Here's what it looks like:

Photobucket

Jane, my dear, your universal symbol calls to my simple mind the image of a vicious, poisonous snake which is reared and ready to strike me in the calf. Also, in 100% of the world the image of a deadly serpent represents neither hope nor love. So much for that humbly held wish. Ah, the ridiculous hubris of celebrity. If I ever see anyone with this ugly thing around their neck, I'm going to ask them how long they've been a Pentacostal snake handler. Or a Satanist.

Today I filed my taxes. I usually do the good old-fashioned 1040 paper, pencil, and calculator deed, because it makes me feel careful and intellectually superior and accountant-like. But this year I e-filed, because it will be nice to have a little money back faster.

Currently Listening to:
"Let Down" by Radiohead and
"Simple Together" by Alanis Morissette

2 comments:

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

I like the 1040 for similar reasons- and I have to do paper living out of the country. Tami does e-file for Canada and it is really easy. I may have to check out that glasses website, mine are getting pretty old. Nice picture, I like it. How's that for a meaningless, rambling comment..

Liza February 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

That necklace is awful.

It makes me happy that you used a pen from Ft. Oglethorpe to do your crossword puzzle.

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP