Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Miso Happy

Photobucket

Yesterday after work, my pal Sofia had a really nice surprise for me. She took me out to the 'burbs for a little mini-adventure, and we ended up at this very wonderful Japanese supermarket called Mitsuwa. The best part about this place was the food court, replete with some of my absolute Asian food favorites. I've never been much of a food person, but I became completely addicted to all forms of Asian cuisine during my days in Taiwan; I still dream of beef noodle soup and fried dumplings from the Overseas Dragon restaurant. Anyway, I had some stellar Ramen, and Sofia had the fried pork chop cutlet, and then we got these matcha (Japanese green tea) ice cream sundaes. They were so good. Besides the ice cream, there were these weird jelly lima bean things and biscuit/cracker pieces, and the dark stuff in there is actually red bean, not chocolate. Phenomenal.

The supermarket part of the store actually reminded me of how hard it was grocery shopping in Taiwan and how I used to buy mostly familiar, American foods. When it came to snack foods, I usually just bought Oreos and Pringles and Snickers. So I didn't buy any groceries there at Mitsuwa, because it turns out that what I really want is someone to cook all that wonderful food that I love for me. I guess I should have married the Fried Chicken Man from Ching Hai Road or one of those Teppanyaki chefs when I had the chance and brought him home with me.

Anyway, three cheers for Sofia! She knows just how to make me happy.

Currently Listening to:
Death Cab for Cutie, "Someday You Will Be Loved"

Photobucket

0 comments:

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP