Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Rock River

It seems that I am a single man once again. Furthermore, it seems that every time I become a newly-single man, I celebrate by purchasing a new bedding set.

Whatever, judge me, whatever. It helps me.

I actually rearranged my entire apartment yesterday. My apartment is a studio, so no big deal. But those small changes have given me a bit more space, a breath of fresh air, some nice tweaks. Oh, I like that last sentence! How I would like to apply it to my life writ larger.

Photobucket

Sometimes life is like a pretty bowl full of something that looks a lot like diarrhea.

Photobucket

I played pool boy one lovely Sunday afternoon this summer. I think this was, all things considered, the best summer of my life. I might be overselling it.

Photobucket

This pigeon waiting nervously at the bus stop with me was tagged. I thought it worthy of a photo.

Photobucket

Lincoln Karaoke is really Lincoln KTV. I went with a couple of Koreans. These aren't them. It was pretty fun.

Photobucket

I still look the same. I still wear that same hat.

Photobucket

Had to go to the last movie in the park (aka Chicago Outdoor Film Festival) alone. This is my favorite summer thing, these movies in the park, but it turns out that I don't like to go it alone anymore. Not after I had such wonderful company for so many weeks. Miss you, Marv.

I'm hoping to take some time off soon. I have a nice long weekend for the Labor Day holiday coming up. I should be going to visit my family down in Virginia the next week, and I'd like to make it out to Portland sometime in the coming months. I need to stretch my legs a bit, get out of this nutty metropolis.

Currently Reading:
Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott


2 comments:

Eleanor September 2, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

I've been thinking about dear Anne a lot lately. Did you go with us that time we went to see her read in Oak Park?

I've actually been thinking about this one anecdote that she wrote about in her book on parenting. I don't remember what its called at the moment . . . do you?

But the story goes that she was considering dating this man until she learned that he was a republican and she just couldnt stomach the thought of her son, Sam, being influenced by this right-winged male role model. That and she heard a rumor that this man never went down on his girlfriends.

You have to love this woman.

Liza September 2, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

What is in that bowl? Whatever it is looks disgusting.

Also, at first I thought you were going to tell us you had taken up smoking. I'm watching Mad Men. They smoke like crazy.

And finally, I'm crossing my fingers and praying hard that Portland happens!

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP