Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicas y Maletas

It is scholarship application day for me. "Please oh please, won't you give me some money?" No, I beg my future school in slightly more verbose, slightly less lyrical language.


"As an incoming non-resident student to the cohort, I am facing an extraordinarily large tuition bill for a relatively short program of study. Additionally, I will be relocating from Chicago, Illinois in order to take part in this program. I am excited about the fact that this accelerated program will allow me to be observing and working in the classroom almost immediately, but I am in need of some some significant financial assistance in order to make this dream a reality. I am pursuing any and all funding opportunities available. My sincerest gratitude to you for your consideration."

I'm also applying for a scholarship that is given exclusively to gay men. The age cutoff for award consideration is 35 years old. I find this to be a close call, which I then find to be incredibly disturbing. Like finding a rat in my refrigerator, it turns my stomach a bit.

***************************************************

Work is going well. I feel like I've got most of the transition behind me now. I'm working out of the main office about half of the time, working at other branches the other days. After two years at the same desk at the same location with the same people every day, this obliteration of my safe, comfortable routines was just what I needed at just the right time. A swift kick in the ass; no more coasting, no more inertia.

And the time is passing so quickly! Just a couple more days until April. And then May, the month when everything changes.

**************************************************

My parents are coming to visit for a few days next week. I'm excited about this. The last time they were in Chicago was back in the summer of 2006, a few weeks before I left for Taiwan. I've got a few things planned for us. Hopefully the weather will be nice and spring-like. It has been drippy nose temperatures the last few days.

The week after that I am expecting quality time with my dear friend Sarah as she visits Chicago for a medical conference. She is an extremely important medical professional - Dr. Sarah, in fact. We missed our yearly catch-up Christmas date this past holiday season, so it will be great, great, great to see her. Is her sister Kati Jo coming to town too, perhaps? I haven't heard, though I know that this was under discussion.

Spring! What an exciting time.

Last night I watched a wonderful film:
Broken Embraces, a film by Pedro Almodovar

1 comments:

annesue March 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

"we received your application for a scholarship and grant you full funding for the amount of time this program will take!"

i hope that answer or something like that for you!

rat in the fridge, how did it get in there is my question...

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP