Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Electric Eel

A transcript of my thoughts whilst reading today's PostSecret blog:

  • Nice looking postcard, but that kind of hyperbole isn't very effective. It makes me think you are a selfish idiot instead of a clever, annoyed observer of colleagues.
  • Doubt it is true.
  • "All I ask: don't tell anyone the secrets that I told you."
  • That's some Robin Hood-ing. Hope this person works for Walmart.
  • Ugh, tmi. And BURN!
  • I miss Dana Fairbanks.
  • Where is Lake Michigan on this map? I'm guessing Dad moved from Rockford, IL to Greenville, SC to take a job at Bob Jones University.
  • Perfect.
  • Took me like three reads to understand it. Bullshit.
  • Funny, but the glare makes me have to strain my eyes just a bit too much to make this an effective photo to use.
  • This is a realistic, kinda funny secret.
  • Love the dream/nightmare boat underwater visual. Strong, informative secret.
  • Another beautiful visual, but accompanying a secret that isn't actually much.
  • Vague and therefore instantly forgettable.
  • Beautiful lettering!
  • SUPER CREEPY and the unicorn just sort of seals the case.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the content of this secret or the clip-art modification; it did make me think, I guess.
  • Really? How is that possible, exactly? I don't get it.
  • Sincere. Nicely done.
  • Brilliant. Loved the husband ps.
  • Very poor sentence structure. The pronoun "them" apparently isn't meant to represent the beard and contacts which are the actual antecedents, but the beard and glasses which are pictured and implied. Sadly, this person might actually have a bachelor's degree.
  • That's super sweet. I love this postcard's positivity and optimism.
  • Neighbor - they = singular-plural imbalance. This could have been a highly effective secret with a little tweaking.
I went to San Diego last weekend to see my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew as they were in town visiting my brother-in-law's family. My friend Travis went with me. We stayed somewhere nice because he works for the Biltmore resort here in Phoenix and therefore gets these free hotel stays on reciprocity.

And now, a video spectacular:


Eh, so I didn't take many photos. And my sister didn't post hers yet, so I couldn't steal any of those. And YouTube is such shitty video quality. But making that movie, I learned how to do that in grad school. So use it or lose it, I guess.


Currently Listening to
Miranda Lambert's Revolution
and the muchly under-appreciated Lucinda Williams version of Nick Drake's song "Which Will."

3 comments:

Liza July 20, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

Metal Firecracker. We read the blog at different times, but I knew we thought the same thing at least on that one.

annesue July 20, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

i love san diego, fav. city in cali so far. never stayed in a fancy place like that though:) my grannie lives 1½ away from there...fun video.

Kati July 21, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Yeah, that video was ridiculously great.

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP