Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

(A/E)rgo

Photobucket

Tomorrow I begin my new job at Moral Bank W. (((Which, you might have gathered, is not actually the name of my new employer. If you really want to know, I will be glad to tell you its/their name over a secure land-line telephone connection, now that our Brave! Courageous! and Tardy! Democratic Congress has decided that George W. Bush is no longer allowed to secretly listen to our phone calls.)))

I have a few fluttering butterflies, same old first day jitterbugs, but otherwise am convinced of the inconsequence, and thus lack of reason for nervousness, of this, my new short-term life task. A reason to get up in the morning? Yes. A reason for living? Barf, no, and a pox on you for even reading that question. We'll see how it goes, all the while hoping to stumble into something different, better, and worth all the complex shades of meaning that could be contained in the adjective good.

Photobucket

Liza is here visiting right now. It has been a very nice long weekend, a sort-of last hurrah, in a strictly not-final way. We have seen a couple of shows, eaten some very large muffins in an orderly, well-thought out process, watched a couple of movies, drank much coffee, and had some good conversations. She isn't feeling well at the moment, sinuses sleeping in the other room at this moment, so you can be a buddy and send her a smile when you read this.

Photobucket

As for other buddies, I had brunch with Michael Essington, future Legal Counselor to the (Great/Downtrodden) last weekend. It is always fun to see him, hear all of the latest, concoct some new conspiracy theories, and pick his brain about life in Chicago. Sounds like he is planning a return to Dallas for an internship this summer, so that's muy bien para el but minus one friend for me for the long, hot, festive months.

Photobucket

If anyone besides the Camerons and Liza actually look at this page, for whom this message is redundant, I would encourage you, yea verily exhort you, to check out the website goodreads.com, which is a very fun and easy way to get some good book recommendations and keep up with what your friends and lovers are reading at the moment. You can write little bitty or long winded reviews of books that you have loved and hated, or just give star ratings to books and authors that you have encountered along the way. I can think of lots of people that I would love to get recommendations from before I head off to the public library, but I don't necessarily want to bug them to join another **sigh** social networking site. At least this one is stalker- and bikinied girl-free.

Photobucket

A really cool commentary about how Barack Hussein Obama's name is a proud, American name.

Photobucket

Currently Watching:
High School Musical 2
(Don't knock it; it makes me happy.)

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP