Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

These Days

I'm going with the (moral) bank (hole in the wall). {I'll buy lunch to the first person to name the source of that quote - Googling is strictly not allowed.} The manager at the credit union sounded really sad when I called and explained my conundrum and told her that I decided to stick with my original decision. She said they've been looking to fill their position for 6 months, and that they had 25 interviews last week. She said, "You just don't get many good interviews these days." Sounds to me like they are screening applicants for the International Space Station, not a silly bank job.

In other snide observations, I love it when people in their twenties or thirties say, "these days," as if they have lived a long, hard life and known other highly preferable days. "It sure is hard to find a good barber/church/movie/nail polish these days." If you are forty-five or older, of course, I give you a pass. "These days, the kids just don't respect their elders like we used to." True.

Currently Listening:
"The Collection" by Alanis Morrisette

2 comments:

Liza February 21, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Dang! I couldn't stand not knowing, so I googled it. I so should have guessed that.

Anonymous February 21, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

Way to go with your gut and stand behind your decision- people never do that anymore these days...

Did I sound like an old cliche? I tried to. Though; I do kind of like that you stuck to what you'd decided. I'm not sure why, but it feels good- which is, of course, easy for me to say.

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP