Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Friday, November 6, 2009

PDX II

I have all of these really great photos of beautiful Portland girls and wonderful food and I have no way to get them from my phone to my computer for posting here. This is lame. So another boring, imageless blog. Please use your imagination, just like Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street taught us.

*Someday I'd like to own a shop, a business of some sort, where I can choose the music that will be playing. A tea shop, perhaps! Today I wandered into a vintage store of some vintage or another that was playing Bjork on the stereo. And it was perfect, and I marveled.

*The station and safety messages on the Portland light rail are completely bilingual. Every single announcement in both English and Spanish. The female voice tells you that doors will open on her right, and then the male one says that they will open on his derecha. Frankly, it is completely annoying, and I say that from the position of someone who lived in another country where the lingua franca wasn't my own. I am all for helping out people who don't speak English, but making everything completely bilingual is accomodation, not acclimation. And that's not the American way. That's the Quebecan way, and we should all know how well that's worked out.

*I had a fantastic day of socialization yesterday. Meaghan and I got together for a super-sized (conversation-wise, not dietary portion-wise) lunch and marathon catch-up session. She looks fantastic like you wouldn't believe, radiant and alive. We can banter our faces off, and I hope we get to do it again before another seven years passes. Then I had drinks and frommage with Bethanne downtown. Beth and I were destined to be better friends than we've ever been able to actually be. Geographical constraints, sadly. We have such a common perspective, see eye-to-eye on so many things from romance to reconciling ourselves with our past. Time with her was fairly short but intensely gratifying. I love these girls. Then Liza took me to the home of some of her friends where they have a regular group that watches the show "Project Runway" together. That show is way too gay for me, but her friends were fun, dynamic people. I'm glad she's got cool peeps to wear athletic clothing with and keep her company here.

*Tomorrow it is off to Seattle for 24-hours of hang time with Scott, Tami, Asher & Bella! You could say that I'm pretty excited about this, but you'd be selling it a thousand miles short. Is that a mixed metaphor? Hrm.

*And etc.: Pretty disappointed by Maine's big marriage equality rejection earlier this week. Pretty excited about maybe having a date next week. Pretty pissed off by my coworkers bothering me during my vacation time to ask me questions about next week's work schedule. Pretty much always hot and sweating recently. Pretty sure it is menopause-related.

Currently:
Drinking a passion fruit green iced tea that is pretty darn Taiwanese but just a tad bit too fragrant-tasting and has been sealed with a Hello Kitty zodiac lid, so it is all good.

0 comments:

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP