Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cleaning House

I started cleaning off my bookshelves this evening.


This is an unprecedented event. I'm a bit of a book hoarder. But it is time to face up to the fact that I'm never actually going to get around to reading Uncle Tom's Cabin in its entirety. And I'm just not going to revisit He's Just Not That Into You. (All I needed from that one was to read the chapter titles anyway.) Two sets of The Chronicles of Narnia? Not necessary. Anything that my uncle ever gave me that I didn't request specifically? Sweet but superfluous. Goodbye Max Lucado, Anne Rice, Dorian Gray, and a couple of children's books that I picked up in my thrift store travels that turn out to be pretty creepy.

I need to hire one of those life coaches or personal assistants or someone who can come to my increasingly piled-upon apartment/shoebox and help me simplify and declutter and get ready for a move. I can't really afford that right now, so I'm gonna make Sofie come help me instead.

Photobucket

She owes me, because last night I took her to the Joffrey Ballet for her birthday to see their production of Cinderella. It was fantastic. I kept getting confused yesterday and telling people that I was taking her to the opera. I've never seen either of those types of performances before (no, Hofia, Phantom of the Opera does not count), so I was excited either way. It was magnificent, and she had a great birthday, people making her feel special all day.

I'm really elated right now because Evan Lysacek just won the men's figure skating gold medal in Vancouver. I've got a mad crush.

There's other news. I know where I'm being transferred to when my bank branch closes in three weeks. I've applied to two graduate school programs, thinking about going for a third. I've found a wonderful new place to hang out. Oh, and I got a new rug. I love rugs.

Currently:
Just kind of enjoying life

8 comments:

annesue February 19, 2010 at 1:57 AM  

is the third grad school near where tami and scott will move? i think you need to take whatever will be close to them:)

Davie February 19, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

I will if you will! :)

scott, tami and asher February 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

She IS!! She IS!! Next year, she is taking a furlough and coming to live with us - the purpose it to explore a more permanent stay. So, David....

Davie February 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

I feel as though I've been tricked into this somehow.

annesue February 20, 2010 at 4:25 AM  

no tricks man!!

scott February 21, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

the problem, of course, is that we don't know where we're going! Where are you applying again?

scott February 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

oh, and I am totally a book hoarder too. But I'm gonna have to seriously cut back with the upcoming move- it's gonna be a sad, sad day.

Anonymous March 3, 2010 at 5:24 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP