Life at an Intersection

Chicago Phoenix, indemnity bonds, journaling, really really really want a zigazig ah, travel, books, travel books, relationships, values. It is hard to pinpoint precisely, but I'd say about 82% of what you read here is true. The rest is fictional nonfiction.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm Not Saying

Photobucket

I had a bad dream two weeks ago Monday. Not bad, that's not enough. Maybe disturbing. Not just disturbing, though, more like awful. It was a dream that I woke up from, dealt with for a few minutes, and then felt like my life had changed. That I had been moved. Kind of like that earthquake in Chile that resulted in the entire city moving ten feet from its previous location; there were consequences to this dream.

I haven't slept in my bed since. I've been sleeping on my couch for the last two and a half weeks. If you have been lucky enough (oh so lucky) to have guested at my apartment, you will note how inconsequential this move actually seems. Seeing as how the couch actually touches the end of my bed, this is a pretty symbolic sort of action. Also, I haven't made my bed since that night. I am happy in my sleeping bag on my click-down couch and still feeling some pretty strong animosity towards my mattresses. My poor bed. I know it isn't her fault, but I have to work out my anger and ill will on something. We might need a professional arbitrator or relationship coach to help us out.

*******************************************

Hey, I got into grad school, received my acceptance letter this morning. I should probably go this time.

Pretty excellent timing too, because I am facing quite a bit of unknown at work beginning next Monday. My bank branch is finally closing for good this Saturday - I tell people it has seemed like the longest, slowest death ever and has made me a firm believer in voluntary euthanasia - and I am headed to my small community bank's main office. I've had it pretty darn good for the last two years: plenty of leeway, a fair amount of leisure time and relaxation on the clock, lack of aggressive or strict supervision, brilliantly quirky customers and neighborhood characters. This new placement will probably turn all of those wonderful things right on their adorable little heads, so I'm liking the light at the end of the tunnel that this acceptance letter provides. Two months or so to go. If I go.

Currently Listening to
David Bazan's Curse Your Branches and

Currently Reading
The Wild Things by Dave Eggers

2 comments:

annesue March 11, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

first congratulations:) then the big question is where is the grad school?:)

that must have been a very terrible upseeting dream for you to punish your bed for this long,some coaching must indeed be needed:)

Unknown March 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

What about Vandy? That's a lot closer to the East!

Twitter / Davie_St

Words That I'm Living By - 5/2/2010

Time, as I've known it
Doesn't take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days, turn into months
Turn into years, they hurry by me
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future, I've had many
Dreams I can't remember now
Hopes that I've forgotten,
faded memories
But still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
as it steals across the sky
I love to remember and
I love to wonder why
And I hope that I'm around
so I can be there when I die
When I'm gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when you're happy and you're smiling
That the thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
if you are crying
And that you'll love to see
the sun go down
And the world go around
And around and around

"Around and Around" by Mark Kozelek

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP